What is Awana?
Awana is a fun and exciting program for boys and girls ages 2 through the 5th grade. Fun games, handbook time, and devotional time make up the 1 1/2 hour program each Wednesday. Awana at Elkview Baptist Church started over 35 years ago and is currently the oldest active Awana program in the state of West Virginia. We have been blessed to meet thousands of children from the Elk River community over the years.
Come and join the fun on Wednesday evenings beginning at 6:30PM! We promise that your children will have a great time!
THEME NIGHTS FOR 2016-2017 CLUB YEAR
Awana Snow Policy
- If Kanawha County schools are cancelled, we will decide by noon if Awana will be cancelled for that night.
- If Kanawha County schools release early due to an approaching storm, Awana will be cancelled for that night.
- If a storm moves in late, even though school was not cancelled, Awana may be cancelled if the roads deteriorate rapidly. The church office may be contacted at 304-965-3325 after 4 P.M. for an update, and our Facebook Page will post an update as well.
- If the roads are not in good condition, the vans will NOT be making their regular rounds. Please call the church office at 304-965-3325 after 4 P.M. if you would like to know if the vans are running.
- Awana will NOT be cancelled unless regular Wednesday night church services are cancelled. The Church Office will make this decision by 4 P.M. of that day.
- Please look for Elkview Baptist Church/Awana on Facebook and join the group for immediate updates.
- Above all, please use your own judgment for the safety of your children. If you are not comfortable with your children traveling in bad weather, then please have them remain at home.